We are at the forefront of change in this rapidly evolving lending market. mello™, the Greek word for “future,” was the product of a recent $80+ million dollar investment in research & development to transform & streamline the home buying process into a digital experience like no other competitor offers. But mello™ is just the beginning… loanDepot will continue to invest in developing our own advanced technology ecosystem built around serving our customers & enabling our valued employees to provide exceptional service. We have funding, we have opportunities, you have ideas—it’s a perfect match. Come join us!
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
Responsible for contributing to the 24x7 operation of the Cyber Security Operations Center (SOC), which involves providing real-time (or near real-time) detection and reaction services for information security incidents within the company. Identifies, triages, and responds to security breaches, as well as apparent attaches, and follows established reporting protocols. A strong work ethic, general understanding of security operations protocols, and grasp of information security principles and practices are crucial to the success of the role. Ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
- Analyzes and identifies trends in security log data from a large number of heterogeneous security devices. Provides Incident Response (IR) support when analysis confirms actionable incident.
- Provides threat and vulnerability analysis and offers security advisory services.
- Executes eDiscovery and computer forensic activities as necessary to support investigative matters.
- Analyzes and responds to previously undisclosed software and hardware vulnerabilities.
- Investigates, documents, and reports on information security issues and emerging trends.
- Applies knowledge of tactical to strategic level intelligence analysis of cyber threats, vectors, and actors in support of cyber defense and computer network operations.
- Advises on the uses of forensics, network vulnerability, and malware analysis to conduct both technical analysis of cyber threats and events, and all-source analysis of cyber threats and their vectors and capabilities.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports the company’s goals and values.
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety of themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred and a minimum of five (5) + years’ experience working as a Security or Network Administrator.
- Experience in the Mortgage industry preferred.
- Experience working in a Security Operation Center preferred.
- Knowledge of various security methodologies and processes, technical security solutions (firewall and intrusion detection systems), TCP/IP Protocols, network analysis, and network security applications required.
- Security+, GIAC Certified Incident Handler, or other related certifications preferred.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Intermediate math skills; calculate interest and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to make decisions that have moderate impact on the immediate work unit and cross functional departments.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules on a short-term and long-term basis.
- Ability to provide consultation and expert advice to management.
- Ability to make informal and formal presentations, inside and outside the organization; speaking before assigned team or other groups as needed.
- Ability to deal with complex difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision while performing duties.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options.
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities.
- 401K with robust company match.
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.