We are at the forefront of change in this rapidly evolving lending market. mello™, the Greek word for “future,” was the product of a recent $80+ million dollar investment in research & development to transform & streamline the home buying process into a digital experience like no other competitor offers. But mello™ is just the beginning… loanDepot will continue to invest in developing our own advanced technology ecosystem built around serving our customers & enabling our valued employees to provide exceptional service. We have funding, we have opportunities, you have ideas—it’s a perfect match. Come join us!
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
As our Sr. Full Stack Software Engineer, you are responsible for delivering senior level innovative, compelling, coherent software solutions for our consumer, internal operations and value chain constituents across a wide variety of enterprise applications through the creation of discrete business services and their supporting components. Under the direction of a Lead Software Engineer or Software Engineering Manager, the Sr. Full Stack Software Engineer works as part of a team to execute projects.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Develop Software:Designs and implements projects. Subject-matter expert for projects..
- Estimate Tasks:Estimates and delivers projects on schedule.
- Troubleshooting and Problem Solving: Advanced debugging. Read memory dumps, analyze log files for patterns. Very familiar with common problems (memory leaks, deadlocks, etc.) Uses tools to analyze code and look for problems.
- Project Design & Execution:Correctly reads and delivers business and technical requirements. Looks for and champions alternative designs and implementations. Balances elegant & sophisticated against pragmatic. Strong attention to detail. Leads significant projects and contributes to complex initiatives such as framework development. Helps manage scope, resources and schedule.
- Testing:Advanced, builds happy-path and sad-path unit tests. Builds tests which validate key capabilities or fragile code. Builds automated functional and integration tests. Experienced with Test Driven Development (TDD) and other Testing Methodologies. Consults on testing strategy.
- Documenting Solutions:Clearly documents solutions by following established templates. Improves existing templates and creates new templates as needed. Helps drive the development of documentation to improve efficiency and transparency.
- Governance:Completes all mandatory training and abides by all policies, laws and guidelines. Proposes improvements to policies and procedures.
- Front-End Development Focus
- Constructs web page HTML & CSS layout templates for use by UX/UI engineers.
- Works with the team’s graphic designers to obtain usable assets.
- Implements and/or stylizes controls both from scratch and from reference material.
- Maintains CSS application-wide.
- Participates in UI/UX testing.
- Backend Development Focus
- Designs, develops and delivers solutions that meet business line and enterprise requirements.
- Creates enterprise-grade application services.
- Participates in rapid prototyping and POC development efforts.
- Advances overall enterprise technical architecture and implementation best practices.
- Assists in efforts to develop and refine functional and non-functional requirements.
- Participates in iteration and release planning.
- Performs functional and non-functional testing.
- Contributes to overall enterprise technical architecture and implementation best practices.
- Informs efforts to develop and refine functional and non-functional requirements.
What You Need To Have To Be Successful:
- Relevant Languages:Advanced competence with multiple relevant languages. 4-6 years of experience.
- AnalysisExperienced with several methods for analyzing data, log files, performance, etc.
- Tool Knowledge:IDEs, editors, debuggers, open source and commercial alternatives, ORMs, code analysis, containers, VMs, cloud (AWS, Azure) etc.
- Data Structures:Complete understanding of many data structures, including arrays, records, linked lists, dictionaries, heaps, graphs, hashtables, queues, etc. Understands how data structures impact performance, concurrency and other considerations.
- Algorithms:Complete understanding of many algorithms such as Bubble Sort, Binary Sort, Backtracking, Quicksort, Mergesort, Breadth/Depth First Searches, Flood fill, Tree Traversals, Recursion, etc. Understands how algorithms impact performance, caching, memory utilization and other considerations.
- Systems:Complete understanding of how programming languages work including compilers, linkers, interpreters, threading, sockets, network protocols, caching, garbage collection, memory addressing, scaling, etc. Experienced with architectural concepts such as Service Oriented Architecture, microservices, etc. Ability to learn new technologies and languages.
- Design Patterns:Complete understanding of all relevant engineering concepts such as inheritance, abstraction, polymorphism, asynchronous programming, templates/generics, etc. Robust knowledge and experience with many design patterns and their variants including Factory, State, Singleton, Observer/Listener, Dependency Injection, Lazy Initialization, etc.
- Source/Version Control:Complete understanding of one or more source/version control systems. Understanding of branching strategies and merging. Familiar with Distributed Source Control.
- Webservices and APIs:Advanced, deep and broad knowledge of the entire API suite, knows many from memory. Experience building APIs and services using SOAP and REST. Familiar with the pros and cons of each. Contributes to the design and implementation of new APIs.
- Code Quality and Readability:Creates code which is readable, clear and concise. Adheres to and contributes to coding standards. Advises on coding best practices. Performs comprehensive validation of functions, arguments. Applies appropriate design patterns, abstraction and testability. Has all code and designs reviewed by peers and makes necessary adjustments. Leads the code reviews for peers and makes necessary adjustments. Contributes to coding standards.
- Database:Advanced queries and table design. Understanding of indexing and normalization. Capable of performance tuning queries. Understanding of both DDL and DML. Basic administration. Understanding of all database capabilities (triggers, views, stored procs, etc.). Familiarity with ORM tools.
- Front-End Development Focus
- Strong working knowledge of HTML/HTML5.
- Strong working knowledge of CSS.
- Strong working knowledge of CSS pre-processors such as LESS and SASS.
- Strong working knowledge of cross-browser/cross-platform development techniques.
- Solid working knowledge of image editing tools (Photoshop/Fireworks).
- Working understanding of responsive design and other modern web techniques.
- Familiar with design best practices for page layout, typography and usability.
- Experience working with Microsoft (Visual Studio 15, TFS, IIS8) and related tools strongly desired.
- Working knowledge of ASP.NET MVC and/or C# is a plus.
- Experience with KendoUI is a plus.
- Backend Development Focus
- Strong working knowledge of developing enterprise level systems on the .NET framework using C#.
- Strong working knowledge of developing web services.
- Proficient in Visual Studio 2013/2015 to develop enterprise grade software.
- Strong working knowledge of service oriented architecture design principles, patterns and best practices.
- Strong working knowledge of modern object-oriented development techniques.
- Strong working knowledge of enterprise architecture principals, patterns and practices.
- Strong working knowledge of SQL and relational database design.
- Strong working knowledge of Web API, REST, JSON.
- Working understanding of unit testing creation preferred.
- Working understanding of MS SQL Server preferred.
- Working understanding of MS IIS preferred.
- Experience with continuous integration tools and processes a plus.
Nice To Have:
- Education: B.S. in Computer Science or B.S. Software Engineering or B.A. in Computer Information Systems or equivalent education or experience.
- 4-8 years of relevant technology job experience.
- Experience in the Mortgage industry preferred.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options.
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities.
- 401K with robust company match.
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.