Interested in joining the leader in modern lending? Are you self-motivated and committed to excellent customer service? Are you looking for the best loan products and pricing for your customers? With over $100 billion in funded loans since inception, the evolution & enthusiasm is not slowing down anytime soon. Come join us.
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
The Loan Consultant is part of our Joint Venture channel sitting on-site with our realtor partners. You will be responsible for cultivating loan referrals through outside sales meetings with builders, realtors, and consumers. Examines, evaluates, and documents customer applications for credit approval on real estate loans. Ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
- Spends a minimum of 50% of working hours outside the office to conduct sales calls to create, develop and maintain referral relationships with real estate professionals, builders, and consumers.
- Analyzes potential marketing opportunities to develop future business opportunities.
- Communicates positively and professionally with operations staff throughout the process of the loan to ensure a smooth closing.
- Engages in managing the loan pipeline with all team members to meet company efficiency standards.
- Meets with borrowers to determine best loan program for individual needs after analyzing income, assets, credit, and property.
- Collects all required documentation from borrowers and converts to paperless documents.
- Prepares and submits loan submission sheets to set up.
- Reads and understands rate sheets, product codes, and loan level price adjustments in order to calculate rates and fees.
- Negotiates and confirms rates, fees, and locks terms with customers.
- Locks loans in the system with agreed upon terms and manages locked pipelines through the funding.
- Communicates regularly with borrowers to meet desired expectations.
- Maintains minimum productivity goals.
- Complies with organizational standards, polices, and procedures.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports the company’s goals and values.
- 1+ years of experience working in a mortgage loan originations capacity.
- NMLS loan originator license required
- Continuing education classes required by licensing authority
- Continuing training class required by the company to meet CFPB requirements
Oh, the perks…. where to begin:
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities
- 401K with robust company match
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.