loanDepot, America's lender, matches borrowers through technology and high-touch customer care with the credit they need to fuel their lives. While there are many loan-touch career opportunities within loanDepot, we could not take care of our employees, nor our customers, without the amazing support of our corporate teams. From HR & Marketing to Finance & Compliance, #TeamloanDepot is always searching for the best talent out there. With over $100 billion in funded loans since inception, the evolution & enthusiasm is not slowing down anytime soon. Come join us!
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
Responsible for assisting in the development, recommendation, communication and implementation of credit risk management policies for loanDepot with a focus on one or more of the following areas. 1) Jumbo/Non-conforming, Second Liens (Closed-End & HELOC), loanDepot Proprietary Loan Programs, (2) Various Investor Programs, (3) Fannie Mae (FNMA), Freddie Mac (FHLMC), MI Programs (4) Government Programs: FHA, VA, USDA, and/or (5) Bonds, DPA, MCC. Ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
- Develops new or make’s revisions to existing credit risk policies; responsible for the accuracy, updating and maintenance of credit policies, procedures & matrices.
- Maintains and develops product matrices reflecting the program guidelines on all offered products and lending guidelines of all investors.
- Provides clear policy and dissemination of information as it pertains to credit for operational departments for which it is exposed; actively works on credit related issues to mitigate risks.
- Writes policies and adheres to best/prudent practices keeping the company in line while upholding the company’s goals and objectives.
- Collaborates with business leaders to ensure policy accurately addresses business and legal requirements; ensures proper vetting of proposed changes and/or new policies with management.
- Identifies issues, develops procedures, and conducts working sessions with management to respond to industry developments and new products.
- Ensures clear audit trails by tracking and documenting all tasks appropriately, using established team methods and tools.
- Maintains strong working knowledge of regulations to ensure compliance. Remains abreast of financial regulatory developments in credit risk management and best practices within the industry. Monitors investor policy changes and evaluates impact to policies.
- Manages process for policy review and approvals; develops and presents strong, well communicated analysis and business cases.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- 5 + yrs Underwriting experience with one or more products including FHA, VA, Conventional, USDA, Jumbo, and Non-QM
- Interpret and Translate Agency Guidelines
- Proficiency in utilizing MS Tools ie. Excel, Word, Powerpoint,
- Presentations skills preferred
- Strong written and verbal skills required
- Proven effective pipeline management experience require
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options.
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities.
- 401K with robust company match.
- 15+ PTO days in addition to 8 paid company holidays.
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.