loanDepot, America's lender, matches borrowers through technology and high-touch customer care with the credit they need to fuel their lives. While there are many loan-touch career opportunities within loanDepot, we could not take care of our employees, nor our customers, without the amazing support of our corporate teams. From HR & Marketing to Finance & Compliance, #TeamloanDepot is always searching for the best talent out there. With over $100 billion in funded loans since inception, the evolution & enthusiasm is not slowing down anytime soon. Come join us!
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
Responsible for assisting in managing the internal audit function with a focus on financial, regulatory, technology, operational, and other related tasks. Ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
- Plans and executes internal reviews that includes operational, financial, regulatory compliance and information technology related areas.
- Responsible for planning, executing and reporting including designing, testing and coordinating remediation efforts as a core individual contributor.
- Acts as the key quality control mechanism over the consistency of internal testing and documentations.
- Identifies opportunities to enhance and improve controls and compliance within the company.
- Partners with management to develop efficient and effective corrective action plans and influence improvements of the system of internal controls.
- Assists internal audits with periodic reporting, development of project plan, championing internal control and corporate governance concepts throughout the business.
- Participates in process re-engineering and other initiatives to ensure appropriate process and controls are incorporated.
- Performs ad-hoc special project reviews.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports the company’s goals and values.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting required, and a minimum of four (4) + years of Big 4 or large accounting firm experience.
- Experience in the Mortgage industry preferred.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position including SOX, COSO & IIA.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Intermediate math skills; calculate interest and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules on a short-term and long-term basis.
- Ability to provide consultation and expert advice to management.
- Ability to make informal and formal presentations, inside and outside the organization; speaking before assigned team or other groups as needed.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options.
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities.
- 401K with robust company match.
- 15+ PTO days in addition to 8 paid company holidays.
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.