Our Operations team is the grease for our wheels. We have a strong ecosystem at loanDepot, and it all revolves around providing the tools to ensure success in every role. Our operations teams which can include Processing, Underwriting, Funding and more, are all invaluable pieces of the mortgage lending puzzle. We warrant a positive culture, promote teamwork & are continuously striving to take care of both our valued borrowers & our extraordinary employees. Come join us!
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
Responsible for the identification, implementation and maintenance of Appraisal fulfillment to deliver best in class service to internal and external customers through work flow optimization, vendor management and policy and procedure documentation. Oversees the movement of all loans in the Appraisal pipeline for both VA and non-VA products with the goal of implementing processes to continuously improve productivity, turn-around times and service levels. Partners with Production and Operations management to develop and improve the operational systems, processes and policies within the Appraisal Department. Ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
- Performs daily monitoring and reporting of the overall pipeline with emphasis on exception management to ensure that loans are moving from status to status within the desired time frames.
- Assists in the identification of root causes of appraisal ordering/tracking/delivery issues develops/participates in the implementation of the appropriate solutions.
- Monitors the performance of each AMC and ensures all time-service issues are identified and addressed promptly to avoid delays in the underwriting and funding of loans in the pipeline
- Assists fulfillment leadership, technology and training in the development and implementation of standardized processes that optimize the use of Empower and minimize the turn-time from one status to the next of all loans in the pipeline.
- Assists Business Strategy and Reporting in the identification of appropriate pipeline measurements in order to monitor the movement of the pipeline and to measure the impact of implemented processes and system changes.
- Acts as a liaison between Direct and the Enterprise business units to aid in enterprise development of Appraisal Fulfillment Platform.
- Motivates, coaches and counsels staff for peak performance while servicing as a model for Company Culture.
- Responsible for recommending final hiring and termination decisions, overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of employees. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning and directing work; managing performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports the company’s goals and values.
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety of themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position.
- Advance level appraisal skills as it relates to data analysis, review, marketability, highest and best use of property.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Intermediate math skills; calculate interest and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions that have moderate impact on the immediate work unit and cross functional departments.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules on a short-term and long-term basis.
- Ability to provide consultation and expert advice to management.
- Ability to make informal and formal presentations, inside and outside the organization; speaking before assigned team or other groups as needed.
- Ability to deal with complex difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision while performing duties.
- Minimum eight (8) + years of related work experience, and a minimum of five (5) + years’ management experience.
- Minimum five (5) + years’ experience in the origination, processing and/or funding of residential mortgage loans. Excellent understanding of how technology can be used to facilitate the mortgage lending process. Working knowledge of conforming and government guidelines
- Experience in the Mortgage industry preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options.
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities.
- 401K with robust company match.
- DTO days in addition to 8 paid company holidays.
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.