Our Operations team is the grease for our wheels. We have a strong ecosystem at loanDepot, and it all revolves around providing the tools to ensure success in every role. Our operations teams which can include Processing, Underwriting, Funding and more, are all invaluable pieces of the mortgage lending puzzle. We warrant a positive culture, promote teamwork & are continuously striving to take care of both our valued borrowers & our extraordinary employees. Come join us!
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
Responsible for the management and disbursement of funds associated with Renovation and Construction loan products in accordance with department policies, procedures and service levels. Manages multiple reports and/or queues for effective pipeline management and issue identification/escalation while adhering to established turn time, productivity and quality metrics. Coordinates communication between interested parties (borrowers, contractors, production staff, etc.) and the Accounting department, ensuring funds are requested/disbursed in a timely manner. Ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
- Coordinates disbursement of funds on basic (limited) renovation/construction projects to multiple parties.
- Reviews payment draw requests in detail, filling out the payment requests and securing all required approvals for submission to the Accounting Department
- Effectively manages a pipeline of 150 – 200 projects per month, maintaining a consistent quality of draw requests ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Manages multiple reports and/or queues for effective pipeline management; identifies issues and escalates as appropriate.
- Records payments and monitors available funds for each project, ensuring project documents are accurate, consistent and compliant.
- Processes incoming project documents and requests additional information (ex: city permits form contractors) as needed.
- Manages the relationship with interested parties including the Production Staff through the disbursement life cycle.
- Answer fundamental project questions and gives accurate advice to borrowers, contractors and consultants.
- Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports the company’s goals and values.
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety of themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
- Possesses a solid foundation in basic accounting principles.
- Demonstrates a proficiency in current knowledge of Disbursement guidelines and practices.
- Ability to complete high volume of work rapidly without foregoing accuracy.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Intermediate math skills; calculate turn time; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Exception verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions that have moderate impact on the immediate work unit and cross functional departments.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision while performing duties.
- Experience in the Mortgage industry of two (2) years or more preferred.
- Background in Accounting preferred.
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options.
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities.
- 401K with robust company match.
- 15+ PTO days in addition to 8 paid company holidays.
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.