loanDepot, America's lender, matches borrowers through technology and high-touch customer care with the credit they need to fuel their lives. While there are many loan-touch career opportunities within loanDepot, we could not take care of our employees, nor our customers, without the amazing support of our corporate teams. From HR & Marketing to Finance & Compliance, #TeamloanDepot is always searching for the best talent out there. With over $100 billion in funded loans since inception, the evolution & enthusiasm is not slowing down anytime soon. Come join us!
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
Responsible for directing the management, review and maintenance of Credit Policies and Procedures (P&P) for loanDepot with a focus on one of the following areas: (1) loanDepot Portfolio, Jumbo, Correspondent, and Broker Programs. (2) Fannie Mae (FNMA), Freddie Mac (FHLMC), and MI Programs. Ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
- Directs review of credit policy and procedures; responsible for the accuracy, updating and maintenance of credit policies, procedures & matrices.
- Maintains and develops product matrices reflecting the program guidelines on all offered products and lending guidelines of all investors.
- Works closely with Capital Markets, Underwriting and Operations providing guidance in the creation and revision of existing Credit Policies and Procedures.
- Directs the review of credit policy trends, makes recommendations for adjustments, updates credit programs and policies, and ensures timely communication on the status of enterprise credit policies and procedure changes.
- Manages credit policies and procedure lifecycles, including guidance, approvals, publication, annual review cycles and ensuring published Policies and Procedures continue to be valid and accurate.
- Coordinates meetings with various groups/divisions to clarify issues, identifying responsibilities and determining impact of policy/procedural modifications; facilitates the timely development of new and revised procedures.
- Ensures the ongoing upkeep and management of loanDepot’s Your Online Document Assistant (YODA) intranet portal which provides guidance to company associates in identifying where relevant policies and procedures can be located, clarifying their purpose.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Responsible for recommending final hiring and termination decisions, overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of employees. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning and directing work; managing performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports the company’s goals and values.
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety of themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position.
- Highly organized, able to prioritize, and handle multiple on-going projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to identify key issues and areas of focus, as well as connect related concepts across a range of topics.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of partners across business units and functions.
- Excellent business writing and presentation skills.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Intermediate math skills; calculate interest and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to make decisions that have moderate impact on the immediate work unit and cross functional departments.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules on a short-term and long-term basis.
- Ability to provide consultation and expert advice to management.
- Ability to make informal and formal presentations, inside and outside the organization; speaking before assigned team or other groups as needed.
- Ability to deal with complex difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Experience with organizing and managing documentation in an intranet environment a plus.
- Possess understanding of bank laws and regulations required.
- Credit Policy experience is required.
- Seven (7) + years of management experience in a medium to large organization as a senior level manager.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision while performing duties. Bachelor’s Degree and/or a combination of ten (10) + years’ Mortgage Lending experience with an emphasis on underwriting, with an expertise managing multiple Credit Philosophies simultaneously.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options.
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities.
- 401K with robust company match.
- 15+ PTO days in addition to 8 paid company holidays.
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.