loanDepot, America's lender, matches borrowers through technology and high-touch customer care with the credit they need to fuel their lives. While there are many loan-touch career opportunities within loanDepot, we could not take care of our employees, nor our customers, without the amazing support of our corporate teams. From HR & Marketing to Finance & Compliance, #TeamloanDepot is always searching for the best talent out there. With over $100 billion in funded loans since inception, the evolution & enthusiasm is not slowing down anytime soon. Come join us.
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
The Vice President, Public Relations will be responsible for developing and advancing strategic corporate communications programs, heavily focused on media relations. This person will be responsible for developing strategic media plans, oversee earned media relations coverage, and will lead all consumer public relations efforts for the Company brand and its various properties. The VP will also work with key team members and leadership to define and execute the company’s overall Public Relations strategies to generate positive national and regional news coverage brand through a steady drumbeat of news and third-party endorsements demonstrating our value proposition across key audiences.
The successful candidate will have proven results in creating and directing large-scale Public Relations programs, while being able to quickly execute alongside team members.
- Act as a company spokesperson
- Developing and executing earned media relations strategies around business/financial news
- Booking executives on major business networks (CNBC, Fox Business, Bloomberg TV)
- Planning, booking and staffing executive media tours and editorial board meetings
- Developing executive visibility plans; securing industry accolades and speaking engagements
- Demonstrated proficiency in writing and editing materials including client media materials, byline articles, client correspondence and reports
- Develop creative story angles and consistently secure coverage in high-impact print, broadcast and online media outlets that align with and support our business goals
- Play an active role in the research, planning and development of strategic corporate communications programs
- Demonstrate tactical proficiency in media relations, including creating and driving both traditional and social media outreach plans
- Manage all day to day outreach to press, bloggers, and the media community
- Direct and manage all press events for both the Company brand and its original content launches
- Build and maintain close relationships with key influencers, including editors, producers, reporters, writers, and bloggers
- Oversee media material development and key communication elements
- Drive awareness of media coverage and activities internally and through channel partners
- Oversee the monitoring and reporting of press placements and influencer partnerships
- Establishing PR success metrics and tracking
- Provide thought leadership to proactively ensure messaging is aligned and consistent with business objectives, employing deep product and industry knowledge
- Identify the need for, prepares and delivers information for the media, government, non-governmental organizations, and/or employees including; writing press releases, pitching letters, internal communications, media statements and business plans
- Lead executive communications programs including advising and developing messages, speechwriting, presentation development, emails, videos, and other written communications for the president of the business and the leadership team
- The qualified candidate must have significant corporate/business public relations and media experience and a proven record of professional achievement
- 10 - 15 years of strong consumer Public Relations experience, including media relations, spokesperson training, strategic marketing alliances, special events, etc.
- Financial Services or Technology industry experience is required
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment with continuous change
- Embraces the voice, attitude, and integrity of our brand
- This person will have business/corporate public relations experience, be an engaging leader, and have excellent financial skills
- Must have strong media relationships within the business/corporate and financial services or technology industry
- Innovative thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output
- Strong existing relationships with key news media and social influencers
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect staff
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs
- Success representing Public Relations on cross-functional teams and developing strategies and tactics for integrated marketing plans
- Tenacious, self-starter, and broad strategic thinker with a positive attitude and collaborative spirit
- Has deep history working with C-suite, and proven success in executing high-profile communications initiatives
- Excellent judgment regarding what is newsworthy and promotable, and/or how to position news as relevant to the media and their audience
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, PR or Journalism
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities
- 401K with robust company match
- 15+ PTO days, in addition to 8 paid company holidays
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh
loanDepot is a proud equal opportunity employer.