loanDepot, America's lender, matches borrowers through technology and high-touch customer care with the credit they need to fuel their lives. While there are many loan-touch career opportunities within loanDepot, we could not take care of our employees, nor our customers, without the amazing support of our corporate teams. From HR & Marketing to Finance & Compliance, #TeamloanDepot is always searching for the best talent out there. With over $100 billion in funded loans since inception, the evolution & enthusiasm is not slowing down anytime soon. Come join us.
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
The Quantitative Credit Strategist is primarily responsible for designing and monitoring credit strategy for consumer lending products including personal loan, mortgage loan, home equity, etc., generating monthly acquisition/existing customer performance reports for consumer loan portfolio, conducting thorough data and P&L (profit and loss) analysis to identify business growth opportunity and support senior management for business decision.
- Scientific data analysis using decision tree, cluster analysis methods for both risk and marketing analytics to design credit and marketing strategy
- Accountability for the development and ongoing production of monthly acquisition, existing customer performance reports for consumer loan portfolio
- Adapt P&L models in response to changing strategies and provide the simulation result under different sensitivity and stress assumptions
- Compare the actual performance vs. business case simulation, then identify discrepancy and find out the reason by conducting thorough data analysis
- Support Ad-hoc report/data analysis requests and work with various business partners including Modeling, Product, Marketing, etc.
- Strong business focus and good understanding of the profitability drivers of relevant consumer credit products (i.e. loans, credit card, etc). Having experience in mortgage loan is highly preferred
- High proficiency in SAS/SQL programming and ability to work fluently with various data sets. Ability to use Tableau preferred but not required
- Solid analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills
- Flexibility and ability to thrive in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment
- Ability to convert technical analysis into clear and concise business presentations detailing actionable items
- Strong attention to detail and process orientation in order to prioritize tasks.
- Understanding of financial and accounting principles, terminology and concepts.
- Detailed oriented and well organized with the ability to work independently and manage projects and deadlines
- 2+ years’ experience working with SAS and SQL required
- Previous experience with a financial institution a plus
- Having mortgage experience a big plus
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities
- 401K with robust company match
- 15+ PTO days, in addition to 8 paid company holidays
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh
loanDepot is a proud equal opportunity employer.