General Purpose: The Compliance Coordinator is responsible for monitoring and conducting routine audits and providing legal support to ensure adherence with the company’s compliance framework and legal responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and report on compliance risks covering specific aspects of the company as dictated by supervisor.
- Research, gather facts, and make recommendations regarding legal and regulatory issues.
- Manage and report on the status of various projects.
- Audit, report and remediate various regulatory compliance risks.
- Review state or federal laws and regulations to determine compliance with policies or procedures, training materials, marketing collateral.
- Work with business channels to advise on most efficient ways to enhance systems and procedures to meet state and federal requirements to minimize risk to the organization.
- Develop a working knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations including (but not limited to): TRID, TILA, RESPA, ECOA, Fair Housing Act, Fair Lending, High Cost/High Price, Privacy, UDAAP, SAFE Act, HMDA, MAP.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and required.
Education and/or Experience/Licenses and/or Certificates:
- Bachelor Degree required.
- 1 – 3 years total mortgage lending experience.
- Developing level of knowledge of regulatory compliance guidelines in the mortgage industry.
- Prior experience monitoring workflow to confirm audits are completed in a timely manner.
- Developing abilities in quantifying risk.