General Purpose: The Loan Processor II will work independently processing both conventional and government products. They will examine and evaluate approval of customer applications for real estate loans and will be responsible for closing of loans in a timely basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review loan files and determine what documentation is required to meet investor guidelines.
- Communicate and respond to internal customers (Loan Consultants, Processing Managers) and external customers (borrowers, 3rd party vendors) generally within 2 hours.
- Utilize pipeline reports to effectively manage loans and prioritize daily workflow.
- Become proficient with document management system and update all information appropriately and accurately in system.
- Consult with Loan Processing Manager weekly on loan status and prioritizes workflow accordingly.
- Maintains current knowledge of guidelines and loan programs.
- Requests, organizes and processes loan documentation and independently submits 12-17 files to Underwriting monthly.
- Manage a pipeline of approximately 20-30 loans.
- Fund approximately 15 loans per month.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and required.
Education and/or Experience/Licenses and/or Certificates:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Minimum 2 years loan processing experience.
- FHA/VA product experience required.
- Automated Underwriting (DU) experience required.