General Purpose: The Loan Processing Regional Manager oversees the operational success of their specified region.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate consistently and effectively with internal business partners to ensure the processing team is meeting expectations and delivering good service.
- Translate and communicate senior management vision, strategy and business objectives to staff.
- Ensure good business practices and company policies and procedures are being upheld.
- Collaborate with sales production staff and other internal/external departments to establish loan performance expectations and monitor quality assurance and timeliness of processing workflow.
- Provide direction to processing team regarding complex files.
- Partner with Compliance on audits.
- Enforce established department turn time and quality standards.
- Review selected completed files for accuracy.
- Educate staff on procedure or industry guideline changes.
- Oversee top priority or sensitive loan applications to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Manage workflow consistent with business needs.
- Participate in special projects and committees when needed.
- Maintain and ensure a high level of data integrity within department’s files.
- Coach team members on best practices.
- Review branch scorecards to determine root cause of exceptions and detect trends. Identify: training opportunities, potential system or process enhancements, and performance development needs.
- Review quality of file submissions with sales and underwriting management on a monthly basis.
- Provides direction and oversight to Processing Managers within specified region.
- Assist with recruiting, hiring, and on-boarding of operations staff when needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and required.
Education and/or Experience/Licenses and/or Certificates:
- 8 or more years of successful processing or underwriting experience in the mortgage lending industry required, with a minimum of 3 years leading people.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required, bachelor degree preferred.
- Experience in automated underwriting (DU).
- Extensive knowledge of government and conventional loan programs and underwriting guidelines.
- Experience in loan processing software required.