General Purpose: The Assistant Loan Processor is responsible for supporting the Loan Processors with daily tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ascertain information from file (independently) to place orders from third party vendor within a timely manner (generally 24 hours)
- Order following documents: VOD, VOE, Verbal VOE, VOB, VOR, VOM, EOI, 4506t & Rapid Reporting, Appraisals, Flood Cert, Appraisals, SSA-89, Condo Docs, FHA/VA documents ( LDP/GSA, case numbers, etc.) and MERS as needed for each file
- Effectively use reports and ticker system to effectively manage loans and prioritize daily workflow
- Follow up on documents ordered within a timely manner (24 hours)
- Communicate and respond to processors as well as other internal customers (Loan Consultants) and external customers ( 3rd party vendors) (generally within 2 hours)
- Become proficient with document management system and update all information appropriately and accurately in system
- Utilize funding reports to obtain funding conditions (LQI, MERS, LDP/GSA, Verbal VOE) in a timely manner (generally 48 hours prior to funds ordered date)
- Perform other related duties as assigned and required
- Develops and maintains respect with all employees and management
- Demonstrate a commitment to the Company Culture
- Exercise initiative in organizing and completing assigned tasks according to established guidelines.
- Develops and maintains excellent working relationships with 3rd party vendors
- Meet established productivity and task management standards or seek assistance
Education and/or Experience/Licenses and/or Certificates:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Minimum 1- year loan general office experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong communication and time management skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong ability to prioritize and a keen sense of urgency.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Work well in a team environment.
- Great time management and organizational skills.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as; discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.