The Loan Processor II will work with a mentor in processing both conventional and government products. They will examine and evaluate approval of customer applications for real estate loans and will be responsible for closing of loans in a timely basis with their mentor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review loan files and determine what documentation is required to meet investor guidelines
- Communicate and respond to internal customers (Loan Consultants, Processing Managers) and external customers (borrowers, 3rd party vendors) generally within 2 hours
- Utilize pipeline reports to effectively manage loans and prioritize daily workflow
- Become proficient with document management system and update all information appropriately and accurately in system
- Consult with Loan Processing Manager weekly on loan status and prioritize workflow accordingly
- Maintain current knowledge of guidelines and loan programs
- Request, organize and process loan documentation and independently submit 5-7 files to Underwriting monthly
- Manage a pipeline of approximately 20-30 loans
- Fund approximately 10-13 loans per month
- Perform other related duties as assigned and required.
Education and/or Experience/Licenses and/or Certificates:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- 6 months to one year of related experience and/or training.
- FHA/VA product experience preferred.
- Automated Underwriting (DU) experience preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus.