The QA Lead Engineer will be responsible for ensuring product teams deliver high quality applications, systems and data. Leads the quality and testing efforts to ensure completion of quality assurance deliverables, adherence to quality and product development processes and standards, and drives on time software releases. Identifies and applies test automation where appropriate across projects and products. Provides employees guidance in the areas of performance management, coaching, and training. Automation is an extremely important part of our quality strategy and you will play a critical role in the delivery of high quality products meeting our customer’s needs.
- Build, mentor, and lead quality assurance automation team, both functionally and technically, to deliver quality IT solutions.
- Oversee all test execution of the testing team, based on functional and non-functional user stories or requirements.
- Energetic and self-driven individual able to work in a team atmosphere
- Collaborate with the rest of IT on the development of best practices that provide continuous integration and delivery.
- Define, execute, and maintain a QA strategy encompassing methodologies, tools and standards to succeed in manual and test automation.
- Oversee the design and maintenance of test strategies and test cases, including test data.
- Partner with the development and infrastructure teams to ensure stable test environments.
- Work with Product Owners and Development Leads to triage bugs and manage the bug backlog. Negotiate with team members to determine which bugs will be addressed/fixed as part of a sprint iteration.
- Work closely with PMO, Development and Product Management teams to ensure release schedule through scope control, test design validation and pragmatic, results oriented technical decisions
Job Duties and Other Responsibilities
- Leads day-to-day operations to ensure both new and current initiatives are completed within agreed upon timeframe and delivered to user expectations. Communicates with decision makers and stakeholders to ensure understanding of deliverables and negotiate expectations.
- Develops team through coaching, feedback and performance management skills to ensure knowledge transfer to daily work assignments. Approves training programs, conferences and classes to effectively develop team members for future opportunities. Partners with Human Resources to recruit and select staff with the talent to meet current and future needs.
- Demonstrates leadership and professionalism while representing loanDepot both internally and externally. Actively participates in meetings and champions corporate decisions, giving appropriate support and direction to marketing staff and others impacted.
- Remains current with developments in the field of technology and management and evaluates feasibility of incorporating newest solutions into projects, workflows, processes, and procedures.
- 10+ years of QA project coordination experience in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated experience with defect tracking, test case and requirements management software, preferably JIRA/ Microsoft TFS
- Demonstrated ability to apply a wide range of software test engineering concepts: testing principles and concepts, tracking defects and making corrections, and assessing testing status; tester's role in software development and acquisition, risk analysis, and acceptance testing; test management, planning processes, design, automation, performance
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, to prepare release notices and end-user documentation to technical and non-technical staff
- Flexibility with working hours to accommodate evening production deployments and weekend system updates
- Experience with automated test tools (both front-end [GUI application emulation] and back-end [performance/load testing])
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field
- 10+ years of Quality Assurance / Testing experience, including at least 5 years of quality automation and 5 years in a Lead Role
- 4+ years of SQL experience
- 4+ years of data validation experience
- 3+ years of experience in C# or Java
- 3+ years of experience with Selenium
- 3+ years of experience with Microsoft Visual Studio with TFS
- Experience with API testing
loanDepot is a proud equal opportunity employer*LI-MC1IND123