General Purpose: The Staff Accountant will provide management with financial information by researching and analyzing accounts and preparing financial statements
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform administrative functions such as: maintaining schedules, compiling reports, reviewing financial statements and assisting with month review and close.
- Make entries to the general ledger, as well as analyze and implement process improvements along with management.
- Analyze accounting reports, general ledgers, accounts payable and receivable detail
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and be able to quickly familiarize self with accounting software
- Prepare internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system.
- Develop spreadsheet reports
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
- Work on special projects as management requests
Education and/or Experience/Licenses and/or Certificates:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or related discipline.
- 3 – 5 years Accounting experience.
- Experience within mortgage industry preferred.