The Loan Consultant cultivates loan referrals through outside sales meetings with builders, realtors, and consumers. Examines, evaluates, and documents customer applications for credit approval on real estate loans.
- Spend a minimum of 50% of working hours outside the office to conduct sales calls to create, develop and maintain referral relationships with real estate professionals, builders, and consumers.
- Analyze potential marketing opportunities to develop future business opportunities.,
- Communicate positively and professionally with operations staff throughout the process of the loan to ensure a smooth closing.
- Engage in managing the loan pipeline with all team members to meet company efficiency standards.
- Meet with borrowers to determine best loan program for individual needs after analyzing income, assets, credit, and property.
- Collect all required documentation from borrowers and convert to paperless documents.
- Prepare and submit loan submission sheet to set up.
- Read and understand rate sheets, product codes, loan level price adjustments in order to calculate rates and fees.
- Negotiate and confirm rates, fees, and lock terms with customer.
- Lock loans in the system with agreed upon terms and manage locked pipeline through the funding.
- Communicate regularly with borrowers to meet desired expectations.
- Maintain minimum productivity goals.
- Comply with organizational standards, polices, and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and required.
- 1-3 years of experience in the financial services industry.
- NMLS loan originator license required.
- Continuing education classes required by licensing authority
- Continuing training classes required by the company to meet CFPB requirements
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities
- 401K with robust company match
- 15+ PTO days, in addition to 8 paid company holidays
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh
loanDepot is a proud equal opportunity employer.