We are at the forefront of change in this rapidly evolving lending market. mello™, the Greek word for “future,” was the product of a recent $80+ million dollar investment in research & development to transform & streamline the home buying process into a digital experience like no other competitor offers. But mello™ is just the beginning… loanDepot will continue to invest in developing our own advanced technology ecosystem built around serving our customers & enabling our valued employees to provide exceptional service. We have funding, we have opportunities, you have ideas—it’s a perfect match.
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
loanDepot, LLC is in search of a Senior Records Manager to work under the leadership of the VP, Chief Privacy Officer to manage the daily operations of loanDepot’s Records Management (RM) program within IT Security. This includes the daily management of staff, providing strategic direction of the team and ensuring tactical operational management to ensure that all goals align with business priorities.
Manage active records systems, inactive records systems, policies and procedures, records inventory management and records retention initiatives for the organization. Provide expertise and input into cross-functional areas throughout the business that affect the recorded information of the organization. Provide consultative support to assure that business functions are provided with the awareness necessary to fully support the companies’ records management policies. Partner with the business to evaluate, research and recommend effective records management solutions while ensuring that vendors and suppliers are in compliance with the appropriate records management requirements.
Regularly consult with key stakeholders on various related initiatives developing strategies to minimize risk exposure and improve safeguards protecting company records. Excellence is an expectation, and strong communications, leadership, teamwork, and agility are critical success factors.
- Support the VP, Chief Privacy Officer with duties and obligations pertaining to Records Management compliance for the enterprise. These include but are not limited to
- Ensure adherence to appropriate frameworks, regulatory requirements and company policies.
- Develop a Records Management framework to identify, measure, and mitigate risk. Create a communication plan to provide to ensure appropriate assessment and communication of records management related risks are being completed.
- Discover all business processes and data exchanges that exist at across the organization by developing a strategy to inventory record types and the data elements of each being collected or created and managed through the records lifecycle by loanDepot or with applicable third parties.
- Create diagrams to show PII entering and exiting loanDepot. Perform complex analytical or interpretive tasks. Responsibilities may include performing records inventories, evaluation, and recommendation of proper systems; writing procedures and providing training to users; interviewing department staff; documenting procedures used to create schedules; and maintaining computer systems.
- Collaborate with various members in the Enterprise Risk Management, Legal, Compliance and Information Technology departments to identify and control records management risks; follow key trends and latest laws and regulations.
- Ensure all data elements are appropriately classified per loanDepot policies. Evaluate proper methods of protection for PII and vital records and make recommendations on media, rotation, dispersal, and related procedures.
- Develop meaningful key performance indicators to show progress against the Privacy initiatives and roadmap, and to identify challenges and opportunities to propel the program forward.
- Report on Records Management incidents, operational risk events relating to records management and key risk indicators occurring across the company. Identify and follow up on records management issues and action plans with an eye to closing incidents and issues in a timely manner.
- Utilize educational tools including training and awareness sessions to reinforce strong records management practices creating a culture of awareness across the company.
- Be an active member of the records management community within loanDepot.
- Participate in continued records management education and be an advisor to management around privacy related matters.
- One or more of the various privacy disciplines (e.g., policy, compliance, information security, operational risk management)
- Comprehensive understanding of U.S. records management regulatory environment, fair information practices and core privacy and data protection principles, risk management concepts, and information security.
- Good project management skills with the ability to manage multiple work streams
- Strong relationship building skills and the ability to influence and communicate privacy-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff
- Background in the Insurance or Financial Services industries preferred
- Tactical thinking skills, creative problem solving, analytical skills, verbal and written communication skills, including meeting facilitation and presentation skills.
- Strong political acumen to partner and collaborate with, and influence, all relevant stakeholders, both internal and external, including executive management. Strong communication and relationship-, coalition- and consensus-building skills required.
- Proven ability to multi-task, thrive and deliver in a highly regulated, demanding, entrepreneurial, and constantly changing corporate environment. Demonstrated ability to regularly re-prioritize risks, objectives and action plans based on an evolving corporate and regulatory landscape. Ability to deal well with ambiguity and complex situations. Ability to lead a team through growth and change.
- Experience in building programs, process improvements and/or re-engineering.
- Strong independent judgment, critical and analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills required.
- Certified Records Manager (CRM)
- U.S. Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US)
- Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM)
- Certified Information Privacy Technologist (CIPT)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- BA or BS in information security, business administration, or related area.
- Master’s degree in an IT field is a plus
- Master’s in cybersecurity is an even bigger plus
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities
- 401K with robust company match
- 15+ PTO days, in addition to 8 paid company holidays
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh
loanDepot is a proud equal opportunity employer.