Our Operations team is the grease for our wheels. We have a strong ecosystem at loanDepot, and it all revolves around providing the tools to ensure success in every role. Our operations teams which can include Processing, Underwriting, Funding and more, are all invaluable pieces of the mortgage lending puzzle. We warrant a positive culture, promote teamwork & are continuously striving to take care of both our valued borrowers & our extraordinary employees.
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.Position Summary:
Responsible for performing analytics on data of sub-servicers to determine adherence to investor, insurer and master service contract obligations in regards to Government Claims. Responsibilities will include performance reviews, audits and monitoring of sub-servicers default management claim activities related to the residential mortgage loan portfolio, which are serviced and retained by the organization. Reconciles financial elements to determine what needs to be claimed. Ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.Responsibilities:
- Performs research to determine adherence to, and accuracy of, submission and processing of all claims.
- Identifies trends in sub-servicers’ performance and provides feedback to management team for review.
- Manages and maintains audits and reviews of performance for monthly reporting, corrective action plans and other remediation activities.
- Responsible for reconciling corporate expenses to the loan transaction history, and reconciles claims to ensure all claimable expenses are included.
- Reviews servicing timelines to determine if the servicing was in compliance with HUD guidelines and self-curtails the claims if compliance was not met on loans serviced by loanDepot.
- Prorates taxes and hazard insurance; prepares HUD 27011 claim forms; ensures all dates and amounts are correct and supported on loans serviced by loanDepot.
- Ensures claim forms are fully executed and dated; all non-claimable expenses are excluded in the claim, and that correct investors are noted on the forms.
- Responds to HUD’s requests for additional information within established timelines on loans serviced by loanDepot.
- Ensures all support documentation required for a HUD claim is in the package, and details of HUD required comments are in the mortgage section for loans serviced by loanDepot’s sub-servicer.
- Assures quality control on claims selected for review and submit findings to management; works with other departments and sub-servicer to correct support documentation when required.
- Processes cases from time of conveyance through final liquidation, adhering to all insurer, investor, and master servicer rules, regulations, and guidelines on loans serviced by loanDepot.
- Performs audits on cases on a regular basis for loans serviced by sub-servicer; prepares conveyances and claims according to guidelines; files supplemental claims as needed for loans serviced by loanDepot.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports the company’s goals and values.
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety of themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Intermediate math skills; calculate interest and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions that have minimal impact on the immediate work unit and cross functional departments.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules on a short-term and long-term basis.
- Ability to provide consultation and advice to management.
- Ability to deal with complex difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision while performing duties.
- Experience in the Mortgage industry preferred.
- Default background preferred
- Working knowledge of all VA, PMI, investor, and master servicer rules and regulations
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, and/or minimum of two (2) + years’ equivalent work experience
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities
- 401K with robust company match
- 15+ PTO days, in addition to 8 paid company holidays
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh
loanDepot is a proud equal opportunity employer.