We are at the forefront of change in this rapidly evolving lending market. mello™, the Greek word for “future,” was the product of a recent $80+ million dollar investment in research & development to transform & streamline the home buying process into a digital experience like no other competitor offers. But mello™ is just the beginning… loanDepot will continue to invest in developing our own advanced technology ecosystem built around serving our customers & enabling our valued employees to provide exceptional service. We have funding, we have opportunities, you have ideas—it’s a perfect match.
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
loanDepot, LLC is in search of a Privacy Analyst to work under the leadership of the Director, Privacy supporting initiatives that provide reasonable assurance that personally identifiable information (PII) is identified and prioritized based on its value; adequately safeguarded from misuse and theft; maintained in a manner that satisfies legal requirements; and appropriately available to meet the business needs. The analyst is responsible for initiatives that relate to maintaining a governance structure, such as: privacy compliance related policies and procedures, notices, vendor management and breach investigation management. The analyst is also accountable for completing privacy compliance related activities such as: privacy impact assessments, risk reviews, inquiry and complaints, monitoring of the Privacy program email account, and escalation of any remediation required based on results of compliance tasks. Excellence is an expectation, and strong communications, leadership, teamwork, and agility are critical success factors.
- Privacy Governance: Serve as a privacy liaison to cross-departmental stakeholders in connection with business activities establishing solutions that integrate privacy requirements with business priorities. Under general supervision, responsible for writing a wide variety of documents including, but not limited to formal policies and procedures, process flow maps, how-to guides, job-aides and references, manuals, cheat sheets, and instructions in a clear, accurate and succinct manner. Responsible for reviewing current policy and procedure documents for thoroughness, drafts and submits improvement recommendations to appropriate approver and/or subject matter expert(s) for review, and edits and submits final documents using appropriate systems and processes.
- Privacy Compliance: Under general supervision, conduct privacy risk assessments (e.g., Privacy Impact Assessment, Policy/Procedure Review, Operational Review, Vendor Review, Contract Review, Privacy Audit) to understand the risk landscape and to target mitigation steps. Communicate with privacy leadership and business stakeholders on issues raised during all reviews. Assist with development of action plans for issues/gaps identified during reviews and work with business stakeholders to determine appropriate monitoring and testing routines.
- Research: Monitor developments to maintain knowledge of current privacy issues to ensure ongoing compliance with requirements from laws, regulations and global standards.
Skills and Competencies:
One to three years’ experience in:
- One or more of the various privacy disciplines (e.g., policy, compliance, information security, operational risk management)
- Basic understanding of U.S. privacy and data protection laws and regulations, fair information practices and core privacy and data protection principles, direct marketing techniques, workplace monitoring, financial privacy requirements, online privacy, and information security.
- Project management skills with the ability to manage multiple work streams
- Relationship building skills and the ability to influence and communicate related concepts to technical and non-technical staff
- Tactical thinking skills, creative problem solving, analytical skills, verbal and written communication skills, including meeting facilitation and presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task, thrive and deliver in a highly regulated, demanding, entrepreneurial, and constantly changing corporate environment. Demonstrated ability to regularly re-prioritize risks, objectives and action plans based on an evolving corporate and regulatory landscape.
- Ability to deal well with ambiguity and complex situations. Ability to lead a team through growth and change.
- Independent judgment, critical and analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills required.
- U.S. Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US)
- Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM)
- Certified Information Privacy Technologist (CIPT)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- BA or BS in information security, business administration, or related area.
- Master’s degree in an IT field is a plus, and
- Master’s in cybersecurity is an even bigger plus
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities
- 401K with robust company match
- 15+ PTO days, in addition to 8 paid company holidays
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh
loanDepot is a proud equal opportunity employer.