loanDepot, America's lender, matches borrowers through technology and high-touch customer care with the credit they need to fuel their lives. While there are many loan-touch career opportunities within loanDepot, we could not take care of our employees, nor our customers, without the amazing support of our corporate teams. From HR & Marketing to Finance & Compliance, #TeamloanDepot is always searching for the best talent out there. With over $100 billion in funded loans since inception, the evolution & enthusiasm is not slowing down anytime soon. Come join us.
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.Position Summary:
Responsible for gathering, composing, and editing procedure information into clear, concise, readable documents for policies, procedures and job aides for the Post Close and Servicing teams. Additionally, responsible for the catalog of Servicing customer correspondence letters, as well as working with the business to update, review, verify and approve letters when changes are needed. Must be skilled in writing, editing, using style guides, and developing templates, as well as having strong organizational and problem solving skills with an ability to work independently and/or with a variety of subject matter experts (SMEs). Ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operate
- Creates and maintains various procedure documents and corresponding job aides specific to each task in Servicing and Post Close for system, process, compliance or regulation changes.
- Interviews subject matter experts to ensure technical accuracy of procedures and usability of job aide documentation, development of content specifications, mapping, manuals, processes, flow charts, proposals and reports.
- Provides Policies & Procedures (P&P) for audit purposes; follows up with leaders on specific audit questions, and works with Originations P&P team.
- Performs annual audit of P&P documents, ensuring proper change controls/management processes and approval levels.
- Develops all related Customer Correspondence, seeking review and approval from business leaders and Legal when needed.
- Maintains catalog/library and oversees governance of all customer correspondence working with vendor and business for necessary edits, and ensuring proper approvals.
- Works closely with Servicing System Administration on edits to letters.
- Responsible for assisting the Training department with developing training documents.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports the company’s goals and values.
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety of themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned
- Minimum three (3) + years of professional writing experience focused on communicating effectively and creatively with targeted audiences
- Minimum three (2) + years in a Technical writing role
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position.
- Ability to be creative, proactive and generate ideas quickly and efficiently.
- Design, analysis, listening and documentation skills.
- Able to reasonably interact with leadership, asking questions when necessary.
- Expert in the following software applications:
- Adobe Acrobat
- Adobe RoboHelp
- Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, & Visio)
- screen capture tools.
- Intermediate math skills; drafting and interpretation of bar graphs
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions that have moderate impact on the immediate work unit and cross functional departments.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules on a short-term and long-term basis.
- Ability to provide consultation and expert advice to management.
- Ability to make informal and formal presentations, inside and outside the organization; speaking before assigned team or other groups as needed.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision while performing duties.
- Excellent computer file management skills required
- Extensive prior experience working with documentation in the mortgage industry is preferred
- Associate’s Degree required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities
- 401K with robust company match
- 15+ PTO days, in addition to 8 paid company holidays
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh
loanDepot is a proud equal opportunity employer