loanDepot, America's lender, matches borrowers through technology and high-touch customer care with the credit they need to fuel their lives. While there are many loan-touch career opportunities within loanDepot, we could not take care of our employees, nor our customers, without the amazing support of our corporate teams. From HR & Marketing to Finance & Compliance, #TeamloanDepot is always searching for the best talent out there. With over $100 billion in funded loans since inception, the evolution & enthusiasm is not slowing down anytime soon. Come join us.
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.Position Summary:
Responsible for developing customized reports by sourcing the data from various databases according to a specific requirement from the Business Analysts or directly from the business partners. Maintains a strong understanding of relational database such as SQL, has experience with various reporting delivery platforms and has strong acumen to data integrity/accuracy. Creates and distributes business reports using reporting tools such as Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services or other similar tools from the various servicing data sources. Ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
- Works collaboratively with Business Analysts or with business units to understand requirements, develop reports, perform user tests and deploy final reports to production environment.
- Researches data sources and resolves data load/data transformation from different data sources.
- Designs and develops automated reports; provides various ad-hoc reporting as needed. Tests and validates reports to resolve any performance issues.
- Creates and maintains documentation for reports or processes for the benefit of users inside and outside the department.
- Reviews error logs for various reporting processes, troubleshoots and resolves reporting issues.
- Communicates and provides regular updates on development status to the business units.
- Continuously looks for ways to optimize report processes, increase efficiency/productivity and minimize errors and failures.
- Monitors the reporting function for procedural changes to ensure that information presented and the criteria to build it are relevant and current.
- Develops standardized reports; works with reporting staff to deploy, schedule, and set-up report distribution in SSRS.
- Clarifies reporting requirements and report specifications with Business Analysts.
- Conducts peer reviews on coding for accuracy and improvements.
- Provides assistance and cross training to new team members; fill in as back up for other team members as needed.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports the company’s goals and values.
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety of themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position.
- Advanced knowledge of report design, development and deployment.
- Expertise in writing and tuning SQL queries; understand relational database schemas.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Flexible and adaptable to a fast-paced changing environment.
- Ability to learn quickly, work independently and adapt to fast-paced working environment.
- Demonstrate conceptual thinking, strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly organized, methodical, detail-oriented, strong acumen to data quality and accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication. Ability to communicate complex technical solution with people in various level within the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skill. Work involves personal contact with others inside and outside the organization related to obtaining and providing data/information, fostering team atmosphere and building relationship.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Intermediate math skills; calculate interest and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions that have moderate impact on the immediate work unit and cross functional departments.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules on a short-term and long-term basis.
- Ability to provide consultation and expert advice to management.
- Ability to make informal and formal presentations, inside and outside the organization; speaking before assigned team or other groups as needed.
- Ability to deal with complex difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision while performing duties.
- Experience with LPS Empower Loan Origination Software a plus.
- Experience with BKFS Suite of Mortgage Servicing Solutions and BKFS data extracts such as BDE and/or eCDE is preferred.
- Experience in working with relational database, including normalization, stored procedures, constraints, query, joins, keys, indexes, views, dynamic SQL, triggers and cursors.
- Experience with various reporting platforms (e.g. SSRS, Tableau or similar platforms)
- Experience with mining large amount of data utilizing query tool such as MS SQL and present it in the user-friendly format.
- Experience in mortgage-related industry is preferred.
- High School Degree required and a minimum of five (5) + years’ experience working with Microsoft SQL, SSRS, and/or various reporting tools such as Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities
- 401K with robust company match
- 15+ PTO days, in addition to 8 paid company holidays
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh
loanDepot is a proud equal opportunity employer.