loanDepot, America's lender, matches borrowers through technology and high-touch customer care with the credit they need to fuel their lives. While there are many loan-touch career opportunities within loanDepot, we could not take care of our employees, nor our customers, without the amazing support of our corporate teams. From HR & Marketing to Finance & Compliance, #TeamloanDepot is always searching for the best talent out there. With over $100 billion in funded loans since inception, the evolution & enthusiasm is not slowing down anytime soon. Come join us.
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
Responsible for providing detailed and accurate financial information by researching and analyzing accounts and preparing financial statements. Strong problem-solving skills, ability to meet tight deadlines, proven senior accounting skills and willingness to mentor junior team members are crucial to the success of this role. Ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
- Assist in month end financial close, prepare monthly account reconciliations of designated accounts.
- Prepare and record monthly fair value entries.
- Prepare and record related derivative transactions and valuations.
- Prepare analysis of revenue across business channels and work with Capital Markets to provide insight to revenue.
- Assist the corporate accounting team with entries related to Mortgage Servicing Rights, Deferred Financing Fees, Interest Income, etc.
- Act as lead senior accountant and provide research and apply relevant accounting guidance. Reviews and analyzes work as needed.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports the company’s goals and values.
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety of themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related discipline preferred and a minimum of five (5) + years’ experience working in a similar field
- Experience in the Mortgage industry preferred
- Licensed CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- CFA Charter holder or CFA candidate preferred
- Big 4 public accounting experience preferred
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position.
- Demonstrates familiarity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and ability to quickly familiarize self with accounting software.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Intermediate math skills; calculate interest and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions that have moderate impact on the immediate work unit and cross functional departments.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules on a short-term and long-term basis.
- Ability to provide consultation and expert advice to management.
- Ability to deal with complex difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision while performing duties
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities
- 401K with robust company match
- 15+ PTO days, in addition to 8 paid company holidays
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh
loanDepot is a proud equal opportunity employer.