Our Operations team is the grease for our wheels. We have a strong ecosystem at loanDepot, and it all revolves around providing the tools to ensure success in every role. Our operations teams which can include Processing, Underwriting, Funding and more, are all invaluable pieces of the mortgage lending puzzle. We warrant a positive culture, promote teamwork & are continuously striving to take care of both our valued borrowers & our extraordinary employees.
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
The Underwriting Manager oversees the department and ensures their team’s success.
- Ensure that underwriting turn times and decisions are sound and within the scope of good business practices and company policies.
- Manage team pipeline by assigning files to team members.
- Order CVAS and One Time Credit Waiver documentation when appropriate.
- Evaluate and examine transactions to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance with investor and company guidelines.
- Prepare and communicate formal reports for team members and management.
- Ensure documents are consistent and uphold to company and industry guidelines.
- Identify red flags on documentation.
- Assist with renegotiation of loans based on lending guidelines.
- Maintain compliance with agency and FHA underwriting policies and procedures.
- Perform timely compliance reviews.
- Review and reconcile Deficiency Review(s) from investors.
- Provide direction to underwriting team regarding underwriting and program conditions.
- Train the underwriting staff in agency and government programs or products.
- Keep current on new product offerings and educate staff when applicable.
- Answer questions and give advice to team regarding unusual or complex individual consumer requests.
- Recommend products and programs within company and industry guidelines that will assist borrowers in obtaining home ownership.
- Analyze and review financial statements, credit reports and applicable ratios for escalated files.
- Provide explanation and supporting documentation rationale behind credit decisions.
- Communicate effectively with internal staff to maintain high level of customer service.
- Underwrite complex loans, employee transactions and perform second level reviews.
- Assist Quality Control with audit responses.
- Facilitate communication between lenders and mortgage insurance companies.
- Follow the Triangle Offense Policy.
- Adhere to department turnaround standard of 24 – 48 hours.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 5 - 8 years of successful FHA, VA and Conventional underwriting experience in the mortgage lending industry required, with a minimum of 3 years leading people.
- Valid and current FHA Direct Endorsement (DE) and SAR Certifications.
- Proficiency in DU (Desktop Underwriter) and LP (Loan Prospector) Programs
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities
- 401K with robust company match
- 15+ PTO days, in addition to 8 paid company holidays
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh
loanDepot is a proud equal opportunity employer.