loanDepot, America's lender, matches borrowers through technology and high-touch customer care with the credit they need to fuel their lives. While there are many loan-touch career opportunities within loanDepot, we could not take care of our employees, nor our customers, without the amazing support of our corporate teams. From HR & Marketing to Finance & Compliance, #TeamloanDepot is always searching for the best talent out there. With over $100 billion in funded loans since inception, the evolution & enthusiasm is not slowing down anytime soon. Come join us.
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
Responsible for acting as a key member of the Corporate Finance/Strategy team, including M&A prospecting and execution, business development prospecting and execution, capital raising (debt and equity), and proactive industry and company research relevant to shaping the company’s strategic roadmap including reporting of private and public competitor performance, macroeconomic or regulatory trends that impact the mortgage and consumer lending markets, and capital market development impacting company’s cost of capital or asset liquidity. Ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
- Develops advanced financial modeling, including 3 financial statement and transactional modeling.
- Conducts proactive industry, capital markets, and product research to support strategic decisions and influence projects.
- Creates PowerPoint materials reflecting industry trends and financial analyses.
- Sources and oversees relationship management of M&A and business development opportunities.
- Reviews M&A legal documents, business development contracts, credit and operating agreements.
- Communicates financial analyses, research findings, and presentation materials to executive management.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Responsible for recommending final hiring and termination decisions, overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of employees. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning and directing work; managing performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position.
- Advanced skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Intermediate math skills; calculate interest and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions that have moderate impact on the immediate work unit and cross functional departments.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules on a short-term and long-term basis.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision while performing duties.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance or accounting required and a minimum of eight (8) + years’ experience in financial planning and analysis.
- Experience in the Mortgage industry preferred.
- Minimum five (5) + years of management experience preferred.
- Experience with 3 statement financial modeling required (P&L, BS, CFS)
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities
- 401K with robust company match
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.