Responsible for providing administrative support to the accounting group by completing various daily tasks, including banking, AMB (accounting system) entries, logging of checks, researching and reconciling checks, and other administrative tasks as assigned. Ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees the daily deposit log, ensuring activity is accurately recorded.
- Researches and reconciles funding overage checks.
- Responsible for downloading bank activity on a daily basis.
- Administers daily import into AMB, verifying information is correct and entered in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
STANDARD DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports the company’s goals and values.
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety of themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to: Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel required.
- Intermediate math skills; calculate interest and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job. Page 2 of 3
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred and a minimum of one (1) + years’ experience working in a similar field.
- Experience in the Mortgage industry preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The environment is an indoor office environment reasonably clean, well-lit and ventilated. Generally, little or no probability of injury or health impairment due to physical hazards and the noise level is moderate with normal business office machines and light to moderate foot traffic.
This position may be exposed to confidential information about the company, our customers and other employees on a regular basis. Disclosure of such information to any outside party in a business or social context can seriously impact the company, and may jeopardize the relationship of trust we enjoy with our customers. Please refer to the Confidential and Consumer Information section in the Employee Handbook for additional guidelines regarding the protection of confidential data.
Management reserves the right to change this job description and standard ratings at any time according to business needs.