Our Operations team is the grease for our wheels. We have a strong ecosystem at loanDepot, and it all revolves around providing the tools to ensure success in every role. Our operations teams which can include Processing, Underwriting, Funding and more, are all invaluable pieces of the mortgage lending puzzle. We warrant a positive culture, promote teamwork & are continuously striving to take care of both our valued borrowers & our extraordinary employees.
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender
Underwrite loans for successful transaction and sale.
- Underwrite VA and Conventional loans within company, investor and industry guidelines.
- Maintain a current knowledge of loan programs.
- Analyze and issue credit decisions.
- Review and make informed decisions on financial statements, credit reports and applicable ratios (i.e. DTI and LTV).
- Evaluate/examine transactions to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Ensure documents are consistent and
- Identify red flags on documentation.
- Assist with restructuring of loans based on lending guidelines.
- Gather information from agency material to make appropriate decisions.
- Assign and sign off on appropriate loan conditions.
- Assist Processing Department with problematic files to expedite submissions.
- Effectively be able to explain rationale behind credit decision to internal customers and/or auditors.
- Analyze risk appropriately by assessing property information including; purchase contract, escrow instructions, and preliminary title report.
- Answers program guideline and borrower qualification questions from loan consultants and processors.
- Communicate effectively with internal staff to maintain high level of customer service.
- Proficient in DU (Desktop Underwriter) and LP (Loan Prospector) Programs.
- Learn how to underwrite VA loans and acquire SARS certification.
- Calculate income from salary, self-employed and corporate W2s.
- Able to complete 4 – 6 loans per day.
- Adhere to department turnaround standard of 24 – 48 hours.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and required.
- 4 or more years of successful professional experience within the mortgage lending industry preferred.
- 1 -3 years of successful Conventional underwriting required.
- Valid and current VA/SAR certification perferred.
- Proficiency in DU (Desktop Underwriter) and LP (Loan Prospector) Programs
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities
- 401K with robust company match
- 15+ PTO days, in addition to 8 paid company holidays
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh
loanDepot is a proud equal opportunity employer