loanDepot Wholesale prides itself on a culture of innovation, transparency, and high quality service. With the financial strength of its parent company, loanDepot, LLC, and a team of seasoned mortgage professionals with over 20 years of mortgage lending experience, loanDepot Wholesale provides partners with industry-leading tools and resources including technology, training, diverse loan products, and competitive rates. LDWholesale delivers a fast, integrated, and seamless technology-based lending experience for business partners and their customers.
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
Position Summary: Solicit, build and maintain strong relationships with mortgage brokers, mortgage bankers (and any other potential mortgage entity customer), representing LDW, to sell into the wholesale and correspondent mortgage marketplace in an assigned area. Current knowledge of the mortgage industry is required, along with understanding the standards that are required for mortgage brokers, mortgage bankers, banks, credit unions, etc. Area Sales Managers will have a thorough knowledge of the mortgage products available in the marketplace. A track record of success in the mortgage industry and an extremely high level of professionalism are required. Also, Area Sales Managers will have the ability to hire and supervise AE 2’s and receive override commission based on prevailing Bonus Plan.
- Solicit, build and maintain mortgage broker and mortgage banker relationships and any other potential mortgage entity customer
- Present new customers for approval to do business with LDW
- Coordinate & manage relationship between LDW and its customers
- Present loan products, pricing, points of contacts, etc and communicate how LDW does business to prospective and existing customers
- Speak, correspond and visit accounts on a daily basis
- Train mortgage broker and banker partners on loan submission and fulfillment process
- Set expectations and understanding of loan process for submission, underwriting, locks, closing and funding
- Manage sales pipeline and closing ratios to levels determined by LDW
- Assist in resolving customer questions, issues, objections and educating customer about the escalation process
- Communicate and interact with loan fulfillment centers as necessary to ensure desired production results or that proper customer service was delivered
- Manage customer performance to desired levels
- Conduct presentations to both large and small groups
- Participate in the training of other associates, including AE 2’s
- Support and develop AE 2’s report to ASM
- How to conduct and attend web meetings and conference calls; presentation in front of large groups
- Use of mobile devices
- MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PP, etc)
- Comfortable working CRM technology and social/business network sites (facebook, twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Basic knowledge & understanding of local, state and federal lending laws (TILA, RESPA, NMLS, etc.)
- Minimum of 5+ years proven and progressive Wholesale mortgage lending experience.
- Minimum of 2+years management experience.
- College Degree, 2 or 4 year preferred
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) programs
- Working knowledge of the mortgage process
- Basic knowledge of RESPA 2010, HMDA, MDIA and Appraisal Independence Requirements (AIR)
- Ability to travel (5-10% of the time)
- Attend Trade Shows & seminars from time to time
- Participate in committees and feedback groups
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities
- 401K with robust company match
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.