loanDepot, America's lender, matches borrowers through technology and high-touch customer care with the credit they need to fuel their lives. While there are many loan-touch career opportunities within loanDepot, we could not take care of our employees, nor our customers, without the amazing support of our corporate teams. From HR & Marketing to Finance & Compliance, #TeamloanDepot is always searching for the best talent out there. With over $100 billion in funded loans since inception, the evolution & enthusiasm is not slowing down anytime soon. Come join us.
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
For the Capital Markets Analyst, Sr. with an aptitude for working cross-functionally, here's an excellent opportunity at loanDepot to offer key perspectives that will influence critical business decisions. Working with various Capital Markets functions such as trading & pricing and multiple operational groups you will leverage data comprehension, valuation skills and financial analysis to gain high visibility throughout a leading financial services company. Your combination of strong technical, financial, analytical, business and interpersonal skills will open many doors and allow you to make a significant contribution to our company while you continue to grow and advance your career with an industry leader!
Your main mission is to provide data-driven financial analysis that supports our MSR portfolio, trading decisions and other areas of interest. Be a contributor to the success of our business as you support mortgage servicing rights valuations, risk management and reporting, bulk sale trading, co-issue best execution analysis, servicing performance analytics, prepayment and risk modeling, asset return analysis and servicing financial planning. Strong critical thinking and communication skills will enable you to act as a liaison and collaborate across internal departments and external parties. Your experience with Excel, SQL, and other statistical/data analysis programing languages such as SAS & Python, and development of financial models will equip you to generate quantitative analytics that drive profits to the organization.
If you are a driven self-starter who wants to work in an environment where your hard work is valued and ultimately help to define the direction of our company, then please contact us today.
- Support daily and monthly valuation of mortgage servicing rights
- Conduct data querying, manipulation, transformation and analysis of large datasets
- Maintain and enhance SQL/KDB databases
- Perform pricing optimization for bulk/co-issue sales
- Compile servicing financial analysis/reporting
- Document procedures and maintain control for financial audit/SOX compliance
- Compile servicing portfolio surveillance, benchmarking, and performance analysis
- Support MSR hedging with risk analytics/reports
- Support DCF analysis of total asset return, including NPV, IRR, and financial statement impact
- Utilize third-party models including Compass Analytics and ADCO Prepayment Model in valuation and analysis activities
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills, ability to analyze and interpret data, financial analysis skills
- Good communication skills, ability to work both independently and collaboratively, demonstrate initiative
- Strong organizational skills, ability to execute on complex projects with autonomy and close attention to detail
- Adaptability to changes and shifts in priorities
- Multitasking skills, ability to manage competing deadlines
- Ability to comprehend new information with minimal guidance
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a quantitative discipline (finance, engineering, science, or mathematics)
- 2 + years’ experience preferred in finance or finance-related field required, mortgages and fixed income preferred
- Familiarity with mortgage origination/servicing data and processes preferred
- Complex financial analysis and valuations
- Data querying, manipulation, and analysis
- Excel and SQL required
- SAS, Python, and Tableau preferred
Candidates willing to relocate will be considered
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities
- 401K with robust company match
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.