We are at the forefront of change in this rapidly evolving lending market. mello™, the Greek word for “future,” was the product of a recent $80+ million dollar investment in research & development to transform & streamline the home buying process into a digital experience like no other competitor offers. But mello™ is just the beginning… loanDepot will continue to invest in developing our own advanced technology ecosystem built around serving our customers & enabling our valued employees to provide exceptional service. We have funding, we have opportunities, you have ideas—it’s a perfect match.
The Enterprise Network Architect is a technical lead in the Network Engineering Team – a team responsible for the delivery of complex network projects and designs. This position plays a critical role in providing guidance and owning the infrastructure roadmap to keep loanDepot on the cutting edge. This position has a shared responsibility with the Engineering team for the architecture and design of all Network technologies including; routers, switches, firewalls, wireless systems, load balancers, SDN, circuits, etc. in datacenter, campus, branch network environments and our nationwide WAN. In addition, the Engineering team is responsible for providing advanced senior level technical support and assisting with escalations from the Network Operations team. Ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acts as an engineering lead in the following areas: LAN/WAN/VOIP environment; Cisco product line (including LAN/WAN/Datacenter/Security hardware); Nexus platform; ISR4K/ASR routing platforms; and Catalyst and Cisco DNA platforms.
- Assists in leading the team that designs, architects and implements network infrastructure that best supports business initiatives; Uses independent judgement to scope new network builds based on best practice design principles; produces design diagrams and configurations and implements and troubleshoots networks.
- Integrates security safeguards into all aspects of network design and deployment, including protective and monitoring capabilities; especially with regards to Cisco technologies such as FirePOWER firewalls, SMA/ESA/WSA, StealthWatch, and the Umbrella platform. Coordinates with the Information Security department to confirm appropriate monitoring and protective measures have been deployed and adopted by the Security Operations Center.
- Collaborates with team in applying widely accepted 'best practices' for controlling project progress, costs and resources in relation to planned schedules, milestones, and deliverables.
- Serves as technical lead for proof of concept/pilot projects to research how specific technologies can be incorporated.
- Collaborates with the Network Operations team on network optimization. Assists Operations team in identifying capacity constraints, weaknesses and potential problems before they lead to outages.
- Serves as the escalation point for advance network related troubleshooting; maintains detailed knowledge of company network and technology standards.
- Plans network design, layout, and develops the baseline configuration; ensures a highly available and scalable network environment.
- Ensures documentation of all projects and design changes and feeds other teams with the necessary knowledge to operate such designs.
- Abide by all change management, service management, and incident management processes and procedures. Attends Change Approval Board (CAB) meetings and incident bridge calls as required. Ensures adherence to compliance controls as assigned (e.g., Internal Security Audits).
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred and a minimum of eight (8) + years’ experience working in a similar field
- At least 4 years’ experience as a technical lead.
- Experience in the Mortgage/Finance industry preferred.
- Extensive experience in Core Routing and Switching design, configuration, and troubleshooting, and usage of CISCO Products required.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Network Management, Security, Planning, Traffic Engineering, and Implementation required.
- Experience in SDN technologies, especially VMWare NSX preferred.
- Cisco Certification (CCIE Level) preferred.
- VMWare Certifications preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
#LI - JG1