loanDepot, America's lender, matches borrowers through technology and high-touch customer care with the credit they need to fuel their lives. While there are many loan-touch career opportunities within loanDepot, we could not take care of our employees, nor our customers, without the amazing support of our corporate teams. From HR & Marketing to Finance & Compliance, #TeamloanDepot is always searching for the best talent out there. With over $100 billion in funded loans since inception, the evolution & enthusiasm is not slowing down anytime soon. Come join us.
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
Responsible for conceptualizing and writing financial content that will be published to brand properties and used/shared by internal partners to promote the brand and/or as thought leadership pieces. The financial copywriter uses their demonstrated expertise in writing both B2B and B2C for the finance industry to create engaging articles, blogs and other pieces that will be published and/or shared by internal business partners, executive thought leaders and our customers. Ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
- Serves as an expert across multiple levels of copywriting from headlines, body copy, scripts, long-form projects, short-form projects and more; showcasing a proven ability to write clear, persuasive, articulate and original copy.
- Translates service and/or product information into an engaging narratives that can be used to educate and/or entertain a targeted B2B or B2C audience.
- Conceptualizes, writes and publishes articles that market our brand, our products and our thought leaders.
- Maintains brand and tone of voice consistency across all channels on all copy.
- Collaborates with internal teams such as art directors, graphic designers, and SEO specialists to ensure optimal content development and execution.
- Effectively edits and proofreads copy, as well as articles written by internal partners and/or colleagues.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports the company’s goals and values.
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety of themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
- Strong strategic and conceptual thinking skills.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of the financial services industry.
- Proven work experience as a B2B or B2C copywriter, financial copywriter or similar role.
- Exceptional writing, copy editing and proofreading skills.
- Able to write compelling, clear, error-free copy.
- Be equally comfortable working independently or with teams.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Intermediate math skills; calculate interest and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules on a short-term and long-term basis.
- Ability to provide consultation and expert advice to management.
- Ability to make informal and formal presentations, inside and outside the organization; speaking before assigned team or other groups as needed.
- Ability to deal with complex difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Experience in the Mortgage industry preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred and a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years’ experience working in a similar field.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities
- 401K with robust company match
- 15+ PTO days, in addition to 8 paid company holidays
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.