We are at the forefront of change in this rapidly evolving lending market. mello™, the Greek word for “future,” was the product of a recent $80+ million dollar investment in research & development to transform & streamline the home buying process into a digital experience like no other competitor offers. But mello™ is just the beginning… loanDepot will continue to invest in developing our own advanced technology ecosystem built around serving our customers & enabling our valued employees to provide exceptional service. We have funding, we have opportunities, you have ideas—it’s a perfect match. Come join us!
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
The loanDepot Desktop Engineering team is seeking a high performing critical thinker to co-lead our Mac endpoint solutions engineering initiatives. This position will design the endpoint experience for all Macs and be responsible for iOS mobile device management using a combination of Jamf Pro, Workspace ONE, and Microsoft Intune. Engineering efforts are expected to be split 70% on our Mac/iOS initiatives and 30% on our Windows 10 Secure Modern Desktop initiatives.
The Senior Desktop Engineering team is comprised of engineers responsible for user experience, configuration, and lifecycle of loanDepot endpoints. Our team is responsible for Windows 10, macOS, SCCM, VMware Workspace One, Intune, Jamf Pro, Office 365, application packaging, and endpoint security.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design our next generation endpoint deployment solutions using Jamf Pro, Workspace One, and Intune. Coordinate with and train our Service Desk and Desktop Support teams to ensure endpoint solutions are fully tested and successfully deployed company-wide.
- Design, build, test, and document all workstation and endpoint build standards.
- Participate on project teams as a resource representing desktop engineering and IT Operations.
- Design Office 365 ProPlus and Windows 10 Servicing standards. Create design and deployment documentation for use by Desktop Engineering, Service Desk, and Desktop Support teams.
- Ensure OS, security, and application lifecycle updates are consistently deployed on a 30-day cycle. Leverage SCCM, Jamf Pro, Intune, and other sources for compliance data to build executive reports to measure compliance success.
- Develop processes and procedures related to PC lifecycle management including procurement, break/fix support, disposal, and asset tracking
- Serve as one of two Jamf Pro and Workspace One subject matter experts (Application Packaging/Deployment, Security Updates and Compliance Reporting). Provide expert level configuration, reporting, and integration of these two technologies with Azure Active Directory and Intune.
- Leverage your expertise in software packaging and deployment to improve our software distribution/upgrade process with an emphasis on end user experience.
- Execute, document, and maintain endpoint security standards in line with IT security policies through group policy, plist files, Intune CSP, and MDM profiles.
- Create automated software license usage reports using Jamf Pro and SCCM, and Intune.
- Define endpoint hardware standards. Create and publish hardware lifecycle support and refresh timelines along with automated reports that include lifecycle alerts that can be leveraged by Service Desk and Desktop Support.
- Gather and analyze project requirements. Build delivery timelines and project plans with delegated tasks that can be executed by other engineers on the team. Communicate and provide feedback on project progress and ensure that progress and issues are summarized for leadership.
- Use data and operational metrics to analyze project and task results. Create reports and charts to track progress and measure trends in the environment. Leverage data and reporting tools to make data-driven decisions about projects and tasks.
- Define endpoint printing standards using PrinterLogic. Ensure that PrinterLogic is up-to-date, highly available, and running a fully supported build.
- Serve as tier 3 escalation point for Service Desk and Desktop Support teams. Broker conversations with Service Desk and Desktop Support leadership to discussion initiatives and improve Desktop Engineering product quality.
- Engage with other IT support teams including Network Engineering, Enterprise Infrastructure, Service Desk, IT Security, and Desktop Support to ensure we have a consistent approach for organizational support across the Enterprise.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Expertise with macOS and iOS devices. Ability to create an update Python and shell scripts used to support automation with Jamf Pro.
- Expertise with Jamf Pro deployment, device management, application management, inventory, and security.
- Experience integrating Macs with Active Directory to provide SSO.
- Hands on experience packaging and deploying Office 365 ProPlus, OneDrive, and other technologies used to migrate traditional on-premises workloads to the cloud. Experience automating migration of unstructured (file server) data to OneDrive.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Visio for network and application documentation, and PowerPoint for creating presentations and project summaries.
- Experience delivering endpoint protection, encryption, and cloud MDM (Jamf Pro, Workspace ONE, and Intune).
- Significant experience managing remote endpoints on and off the corporate LAN. Ability to trouble-shoot complex LAN/WAN issues related to connectivity and physical location.
- Deep understanding of the Windows registry, Windows and macOS permissions, macOS preferences, and drivers and software required to build baseline images.
- Experience creating deployment test plans, test cases, managing deployment groups, and soliciting feedback from pilot users. General understanding of software development, agile, CI/CD.
- Ability to deliver stable and high-quality working solutions under deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- 5+ years experience with advanced scripting techniques using languages such as Python, Perl, PowerShell, and Unix shell scripts.
- Strong analytical, trouble-shooting, and problem solving skills. Ability to work with and solicit user experience feedback from senior level executives.
- Minimum of 5 years working with multiple operating systems: Windows 10, Windows Server, macOS, Linux/Unix, etc.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions that have significant impact on the entire loanDepot organization
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules on a short-term and long-term basis.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred and a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience working in a similar field.
- Experience in the Mortgage industry preferred.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities
- 401K with robust company match
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
#LI - JG1