loanDepot, America's lender, matches borrowers through technology and high-touch customer care with the credit they need to fuel their lives. While there are many loan-touch career opportunities within loanDepot, we could not take care of our employees, nor our customers, without the amazing support of our corporate teams. From HR & Marketing to Finance & Compliance, #TeamloanDepot is always searching for the best talent out there. With over $100 billion in funded loans since inception, the evolution & enthusiasm is not slowing down anytime soon. Come join us.
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
Responsible for supervising the loan accounting team and working with the business to implement processes, streamline procedures, and determining the root cause of issues. Supervises the team on a day to day basis, ensures deadlines are met, and resolves issues within the department. Ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
- Supervises the loan accounting team on a day to day basis by managing workflow and ensuring deadlines are being met.
- Acts as a resource to address problems and issues as they arise. Resolves problems and implements processes to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Coordinates month end tasks and review.
- Analyzes and explains variances for ad hoc reports.
- Attends and contributes to meetings, then implements and communicates process changes.
- Visits various sites to meet with other departments in all locations.
- Responsible for recommending final hiring and termination decisions, overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of employees. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning and directing work; managing performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports the company’s goals and values.
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety of themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Intermediate math skills; calculate interest and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions that have moderate impact on the immediate work unit and cross functional departments.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules on a short-term and long-term basis.
- Ability to provide consultation and expert advice to management.
- Ability to make informal and formal presentations, inside and outside the organization; speaking before assigned team or other groups as needed.
- Ability to deal with complex difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision while performing duties.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred and a minimum of two (2) + years’ loan accounting experience.
- Experience in the Mortgage industry preferred.
- Understanding and ability to apply GAAP required.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities
- 401K with robust company match
- 15+ PTO days, in addition to 8 paid company holidays
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.