loanDepot, America's lender, matches borrowers through technology and high-touch customer care with the credit they need to fuel their lives. While there are many loan-touch career opportunities within loanDepot, we could not take care of our employees, nor our customers, without the amazing support of our corporate teams. From HR & Marketing to Finance & Compliance, #TeamloanDepot is always searching for the best talent out there. With over $100 billion in funded loans since inception, the evolution & enthusiasm is not slowing down anytime soon. Come join us.
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.Position Summary:
The attorney will manage all labor related legal matters and generally assist the Company in all other employment related matters, including advising on the terms of the various employment agreements, assisting with employee grievances and investigations, preparing for and conducting any arbitrations resulting therefrom and the development and interpretation of Company related policies and programs related to employees. The attorney will also advise and assist with Enterprise wide policies relating to employee benefits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides in-house legal counsel on labor and employment related matters, which may include, but not limited to, human resources issues, wage and hour law, workers’ compensation, unemployment and other state agency claims, labor relations, employee benefits, employment agreements and policy related issues, FMLA matters, employment related litigation, grievances and arbitrations.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and policies.
- Participates in and influences the decision-making process with appropriate clients and stakeholders.
- Identifies and assesses legal risks and opportunities within the labor and employment area and advises accordingly.
- Independently handles legal matters and projects ranging from basic to complex.
- Supervises, manages and evaluates outside counsel on employment related matters including litigation.
- Responsible for reviewing and negotiating contracts on behalf of the Company.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position.
- Thorough knowledge of laws and regulations impacting the subject matter and/or business line supported.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to make decisions that have moderate impact on the immediate work unit and cross functional departments.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules on a short-term and long-term basis.
- Ability to provide consultation and expert advice to management.
- Ability to make informal and formal presentations, inside and outside the organization; speaking before assigned team or other groups as needed.
- Ability to deal with complex difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision while performing duties.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES:
- Must have a JD degree from an accredited law school.
- Minimum ten (10) years of substantive labor and employment experience with a corporate legal department or a nationally recognized law firm.
- Experience in the Mortgage industry preferred.
- Prefer candidate with experience in counseling clients on labor and employment matters.
- Committed to being a legal business partner to internal clients.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities
- 401K with robust company match
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh
loanDepot is a proud equal opportunity employer.