loanDepot, America's lender, matches borrowers through technology and high-touch customer care with the credit they need to fuel their lives. While there are many loan-touch career opportunities within loanDepot, we could not take care of our employees, nor our customers, without the amazing support of our corporate teams. From HR & Marketing to Finance & Compliance, #TeamloanDepot is always searching for the best talent out there. With over $100 billion in funded loans since inception, the evolution & enthusiasm is not slowing down anytime soon. Come join us!
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
Responsible for loanDepot is seeking a Creative Director to lead efforts to develop, extend and unify loanDepot’s and sister company mellohome’s brand identities and visual in-market strategies within B2C and B2B channels, across a variety of verticals. The Creative Director would also take lead in ensuring that all internal and external program and project branding is in alignment/unified with the loanDepot and mellohome brands. Reporting to the VP, Content Strategy, the Creative Director will directly manage a team of offline, online, UX/UI and video creative professionals, leading the production of best-in-class creative assets, while being responsible for the overall production quality and timeliness of the team’s work. The Creative Director must be a visionary thinker who possesses the tenacity and drive to produce exceptional results, while also being willing to roll up their sleeves and actively engage in the development of breakthrough creative with an eye toward maximizing return on investment and conversion.
- Manages the creative process from inception through completion, ensuring that every initiative has clear and defined milestones.
- Ensures visual communication and brand standards are met.
- Translates company objectives into clear creative strategies, with measurable results.
- Meets with senior management and partners to explain strategies and solutions and gain buy-in.
- Leads and directs the creative team as well as cross-discipline teams of various levels of seniority in the production of creative collateral.
- Offers strong leadership to team members and is able to serve as a mentor to others.
- Evaluates copy and content and marrying it effectively with design output.
- Leads UI/UX efforts, as well as providing the strategic vision for, and hands-on production of (as necessary), front-end development.
- Hires, trains and cultivates the development of creative team members.
- Reviews work and provides feedback to creative team members.
- Oversees deliverables, timelines and budgets.
- Negotiates production and pricing with vendors.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports the company’s goals and values.
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety of themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
- Expertise in the full suite of Adobe products, as well as proven digital design, user experience and copywriting skills; a portfolio review at that time of interview will be required.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to think broadly, while possessing the ability to manage tasks and output efficiently; outstanding creativity with a drive for results.
- Exceptional organizational skills and proven ability to manage a pipeline of projects and requests. Demonstrated thought leadership and ability to independently decision.
- Ability to translate conceptual commentary into actionable, creative, highly evolved output.
- Outstanding ability to collaborate, with strong skills of influence and mentoring. Ability to lead cross-functional engagement and team growth.
- Superior internal and external customer service skills with the ability to communicate in an on-brand way with customers and industry partners; Exceptional ability to interact with employees and leadership at all levels of the company.
- Strong work ethic with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions that have moderate impact on the immediate work unit and cross functional departments.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules on a short-term and long-term basis.
- Ability to provide consultation and expert advice to management.
- Ability to make informal and formal presentations, inside and outside the organization; speaking before assigned team or other groups as needed.
- Ability to deal with complex difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision while performing duties.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position.
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in a creative role, along with 5 years of experience in leading creative teams and creative execution. Strong web, mobile design, front-end development and UX/UI skills and execution experience required.
- A minimum of 3 years’ financial services industry experience preferred.
- A proven track record of creative and managerial success.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities
- 401K with robust company match
- 15+ PTO days in addition to 8 paid company holidays
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.