loanDepot Wholesale prides itself on a culture of innovation, transparency, and high quality service. With the financial strength of its parent company, loanDepot, LLC, and a team of seasoned mortgage professionals with over 20 years of mortgage lending experience, loanDepot Wholesale provides partners with industry-leading tools and resources including technology, training, diverse loan products, and competitive rates. LDWholesale delivers a fast, integrated, and seamless technology-based lending experience for business partners and their customers. Come join us!
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
Responsible for the development of the underwriters to ensure that they are trained in the proper application of established company lending guidelines as well as applicable agency and government requirements. This includes the oversight of individual underwriter quality to and customer service standards.
- Responsible to ensure the proper training of the Underwriters on regulatory and compliance policies, negotiating skills, 3rd party vendor services and any other area necessary to be effective in their role.
- Manage workload and strategic planning for load balancing to meet and exceed published SLAs.
- Establish a monthly feedback process that provides consistent, meaningful feedback to underwriters on underwriting related issues found in post fund audits and reviews.
- Participate in the selection and interview process for Underwriter candidates.
- Participate in management meetings as needed
- Carry out responsibilities in accordance with LDW’s policies; including training, coaching, motivating, planning, assigning, directing work and monitoring performance.
- Constantly evaluate the processes for improvement opportunities.
- Provide feedback to the other department Team Leads and the Operations Manager.
- Develop and/or work with the training resources to develop training programs to ensure adequate growth and development of associates.
- Display excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Effectively communicate all decisions and any required conditions to the Broker, Account Manager, Territory Manager and or Sales Manager.
- Maintain and cultivate an effective working relationship with internal and external customers.
- Participate in and/or facilitates resolutions of individual file conflicts.
- Respond to all inquiries in a timely manner as established by company SLA’s.
- Embrace company culture.
- Participate as a mentor to Underwriters and other leaders within the organization.
- Act as a role model of the company’s values, acting in an ethical and professional manner in all respects.
- Minimum of 8 years residential mortgage underwriting experience.
- Previous experience as a Team Lead or Manager to Underwriters.
- Operational knowledge of wholesale residential lending, including production and support functions.
- Professional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient at running, reading and interpreting AUS results including DU/LP and TOTAL Scorecard.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options.
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities.
- 401K with robust company match.
- DTO in addition to 8 paid company holidays.
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.