loanDepot Wholesale prides itself on a culture of innovation, transparency, and high quality service. With the financial strength of its parent company, loanDepot, LLC, and a team of seasoned mortgage professionals with over 20 years of mortgage lending experience, loanDepot Wholesale provides partners with industry-leading tools and resources including technology, training, diverse loan products, and competitive rates. LDWholesale delivers a fast, integrated, and seamless technology-based lending experience for business partners and their customers. Come join us!
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
***PLEASE NOTE THIS IS TEMPORARY POSITION***
Responsible for supporting Senior Underwriting team by performing a detailed review of mortgage documentation submitted by Brokers and/or Account Managers on approved loans. The detailed review will include reviewing all documentation including but not limited to credit reports, income documentation, asset documentation, fraud prevention tools and other applicable documentation as required to render a decision.
- Review and analyze documentation provided on each loan including the 1003, credit report, income and asset documentation, purchase agreement, title report, etc. to make an informed lending decision in compliance with loanDepot’s polices and guidelines.
- Document lending decisions and complete required screens in the LOS that include the accurate completion of the 1008 as well as adding and/or creating applicable conditions of the loan approval.
- Review conditions submitted on loans from Brokers and/or Account Managers; sign off the condition when appropriate.
- Work closely with Sr. Underwriter, Account Manager and/or Territory Manager to answer loan specific underwriting questions, to discuss specific conditions or documentation requested and to resolve problems.
- Run, read and interpret Automated Underwriting Decision results (DU/LP).
- Adhere to underwriting guidelines to fulfill agency requirements.
- Display excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills .
- Effectively communicate all decisions and any required conditions to the broker, Territory Manager or Account Manager.
- Provide assistance to expedite final approval of the file.
- Assist with submitted loans for MI review as needed.
- Escalate detailed condition reviews, appraisal reports and exceptions to Sr. Underwriter for review.
- Maintain and cultivate an effective working relationship with internal and external customers.
- Respond to all inquiries in a timely manner as established by company SLA’s.
- Embrace company culture.
- Be able to adjust work and thought process to accommodate changes in the lending environment.
- Consistently meet or exceed established minimum productivity levels as determined and required by management for condition management.
- Provide mentoring, guidance and training to less experienced personnel.
- Provide quality control responses in a timely manner.
- Act as a role model of the company’s values, acting in an ethical and professional manner at all times.
- Perform other duties and special projects as required.
- Current market experience with 2+ years in the mortgage industry with emphasis on documentation review and credit analysis of mortgage loans.
- Recent experience in performing processing and/or underwriting job functions in a paperless environment.
- Knowledge of loan regulatory guidelines.
- Ability to analyze and interpret credit reports, income documentation, asset statements, residential appraisal reports and other mortgage loan documentation.
- Professional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- PMI experience required.
- Proficient running, reading and interpreting DU/LP recommendations.
- Knowledge of FHA, VA and USDA preferred but not required.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options.
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities.
- 401K with robust company match.
- 15+ PTO days in addition to 8 paid company holidays.
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.